Saturday, January 10, 2015

Creating in 2015!

Can it be almost a year, since my last blog? Well, life happens!  I've had two bouts of shingles since the last posting - one bout would have been enough....and then something wonderful happened last year, which has kept me busy, and very delighted. 

What was it? Card classes, here in my unit! One person came, then brought a friend....before we knew it, we had regular attendance of a beautiful group of people, who continue to come here three full days each week. We all get along so well together, and I am absolutely blessed by their friendship and their creativity.

Stampin' Up! have released a new Occasions catalogue, and there are so many gorgeous items in it, they have inspired us to create...I especially love the Butterfly Basics stamps and matching framelits, and have some examples here.



The Butterfly Basics framelit butterflies co-ordinate wonderfully with the Swallowtail stamp from the SU annual catalogue, as in this example. The Swallowtail was stamped in Sahara Sand ink, then fussy-cut before adhering to the white card front, which had been stamped overall with Gold Encore ink and Gorgeous Grunge. The cardstock is Sahara Sand. The medium Butterfly thinlit was die-cut in white cardstock, then stamped lightly using Sahara Sand ink and the gauze stamp from Butterfly Basics stamp set. A light and rather random touch of Versamark ink was then added, just enough to adhere a light sprinkling of gold embossing powder. A few pearls completed the card.   




The next butterfly example is the Swallowtail stamp again, this time stamped on Vellum with Versamark ink,  embossed with white embossing powder then sponged with Sahara Sand ink. It took only minutes to fussy-cut the outline and adhere to the new, gorgeous Something Borrowed designer series paper from the 2015 Stampin' Up! Occasions catalogue. I'm not sure what was used here for cardstock, it is from Stampin' Up! but came out of my pre-folded card container...is it Crumb Cake, or Baked Brown Sugar? They are all very suitable, for our butterfly projects - one of my favourite things to appreciate, about SU products - they all tone and match beautifully.  The gold embellishment is a bead from the local op shop, standing in for when my SU order of Something Borrowed embellishments arrive....they are simply stunning!


2 comments:

  1. I love these cards so much. I might just have to put the Swallowtail stamp on my wishlist.

    Thank you for blogging once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, I'm grateful to you for suggesting it! Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete